2015 - 2016 Membership Renewal Registration
I Can't Wait... for a new year of super adventures!
Ready for more of that super-excited-butterflies in the stomach feeling? So are we! Renew for the next membership year this spring!
Membership Renewal Registration for the 2015-2016 Membership Year opens April 7th
You’ll feel good having your girl set for the fall. Plus, planning ahead is a good practice for girls to learn so girls who register by July 15th earn the NEW, "I Can't Wait" patch!
Claim your spot in your troop now for the fall!
All girls who register by July 15th will receive this awesome patch! Girls registered in troops will receive patches in early Fall from their troop leaders and girls who are individually registered will receive their patches through the mail.
There are no patch and incentive request forms to manage! GSCWM will run a report after the July 15th patch incentive deadline to determine how many patches each service unit and troop will need. Patches will be distributed in bulk in September when troops resume meeting.
Financial Assistance (FA) for Girls
Girl Scouts of Central and Western MA is committed to providing financial assistance to all girls in need who would like to become Girl Scouts. Inability to pay will not be a deterrent for girls to become members. To request financial assistance for girls, please complete this form.
Financial Assistance (FA) for Adults
Troop Funds can be used to fund girl and adult membership fees. The availability of funds for adult financial assistance is limited and adult financial assistance is not guaranteed. Requests will be considered based on need and availability of funds. Please complete this form to request adult financial assistance.
Families are encouraged to contribute some portion of the membership.
For Troop Leaders (01s):
- Encourage parents to re-register online. It's fast, easy and you'll be able to see who is registered and who is not by going to your troop management screen.
- Encourage parents to re-register now before you break for the summer. When everyone returns in the fall everyone will be registered.
- Re-registering now will secure a girl’s place in the troop for the fall.
- Remind parents to forward their confirmation e-mail to you to verify they indeed registered online.
- Remember to provide your service unit registrars with proof of online registrations either by printing or forwarding confirmation emails sent to you by parents or printing or forwarding your troop roster from your troop management page.
- Visit your troop management screen periodically and check your troop's re-registration progress. Send reminder emails to families who have not yet registered. You can do that right from your troop management page!
- Girls and adults who have not renewed their membership for the 2015-2016 membership year will disappear from the roster on September 30th so plan accordingly. On October 1, 2015 the roster will only include registered members for the 2015-2016 membership year.
- If you know of bridging girls' status, please forward requests for troop change to your SU registrar or directly to your Membership Coordinator (if you don't have a SU registrar). Don't know who your Membership Coordinator is? Click here.
- PLEASE NOTE: Adult members should remember to identify their troop(s) and/or service unit as well as position code(s) when re-registering.
- Submitting request for troop/SU changes now will ensure timely processing of requests and updated and accurate rosters in the fall. Remember to submit the request for troop change forms in plenty of time for us to be able to manually enter these changes before Sept. 30th.
- If anyone needs to re-register by paper, collect forms and payment. Hand in paper form as soon as possible so we have plenty of time to do manual data entry before Sept. 30th. Be sure to have 2 copies of the membership form made. If you have a service unit registrar hand in both copies. In the absence of a service unit registrar submit 1 copy to the nearest council service center and retain 1 copy for your records.
- If you have any difficulty registering online, please call 800-462-9100 between 9-5 pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to RE-REGISTER ONLINE.
- It’s the fastest and easiest way to re-register your daughter.
- Re-registering now will secure your daughter’s place in the troop for the fall.
- If you register your daughter by July 15th she will receive a free patch.
- If you have any difficulty registering online, please call 800-462-9100 between 9am and 5pm, Monday-Friday or e-mail email@example.com.
- If your child is in a troop, forward the confirmation e-mail you receive to your child's troop leader.
- If financial assistance is needed, please complete a Paper Registration Form (adult form; girl form) and a Request for Financial Assistance (adult form; girl form - see Financial Assistance information above) and submit them to your child's troop leader by the leader's requested deadline. Girls who are not in a troop should submit forms to the nearest council service center.
For Service Units:
- Identify when you would like paper registrations given to service unit registrars and communicate that to your troop leaders and families
- Best practice: Give troop leaders a deadline of at least 1 week prior to the Membership Renewal deadline for the patch incentive of July 15.
- Collect paper registrations and payment and bring it in to one of our council service centers as soon as possible so we have plenty of time to do manual data entry before Sept. 30th. Remember to keep a copy for the service unit record.
- Submit any requests for troop transfers or position code changes by completing a Request for Troop Change form and emailing it to:
- Lynne Brochu: firstname.lastname@example.org (Worcester and Middlesex counties)
- Suzanne Croteau: email@example.com (Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin, Berkshire counties)
- Remember to submit the request for troop change forms in plenty of time for us to be able to manually enter these changes before Sept. 30th.
- Girls and adults who have not renewed their membership for the 2015-2016 membership year will disappear from the roster on September 30th so plan accordingly. On October 1, 2015, the roster will only include registered members for the 2015-2016 membership year.
- Troops who have girls that did not renewed their membership for the 2015-2016 membership year before Sept. 30th will show up as having open spots for more girls.
Call us at 800-462-9100
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org