2014-2015 Early Bird Membership Registration
I Can't Wait... for More Fun!
One thing we know about girls, is, they can't wait! Fun with their Girl Scout friends? They can't wait! New programs to check out? They can't wait! Showing off their new archery, business, science, or cake-making skills? Girls can't wait!
Don't make them wait in suspense! Sign up for another year of Girl Scouts this Spring.
Early Bird Registration for the 2014-2015 Membership Year is:
April 7 through July 14
Planning ahead is a good practice for girls to learn so girls who register during the Early Bird period earn the NEW, "I Can't Wait" early bird patch!
All girls who register during the early bird period will receive this awesome patch! Girls registered in troops will receive patches in early Fall from their troop leaders and girls who are individually registered will receive their patches through the mail.
Troops who re-register for the 2014-2015 Girl Scout year will receive an electronic coupon for a FREE online memory book to be used by the troop and shared with girls and their families. The memory book is a new Fall Product sale item coming this fall! Pass your completed book along to your troop's families so that they can purchase the digital book and modify it (if they choose) into their own downloadable version.
**NEW This Year**
There are no Early Bird patch and incentive request forms to manage! GSCWM will run a report after the Early Bird deadline to determine how many patches each service unit and troop will need. Patches will be distributed in bulk in September when troops resume meeting. Troop leaders will receive the online memory book code via email.
Financial Assistance (FA) for Girls
Girl Scouts of Central and Western MA is committed to providing financial assistance to all girls in need who would like to become Girl Scouts. Inability to pay will not be a deterrent for girls to become members. To request financial assistance for girls, please complete this form.
Financial Assistance (FA) for Adults
Troop Funds can be used to fund girl and adult membership fees. The availability of funds for adult financial assistance is limited and adult financial assistance is not guaranteed. Requests will be considered based on need and availability of funds. Please complete this form to request adult financial assistance.
Families are encouraged to contribute some portion of the membership fee whenever possible.
For Troop Leaders (01s):
- Encourage parents to re-register online. It's fast, easy and you'll be able to see who is registered and who is not by going to your troop management screen.
- Remind parents to forward their confirmation e-mail to you to verify they indeed registered online.
- Remember to provide your service unit registrars with proof of online registrations either by printing or forwarding confirmation emails sent to you by parents or printing or forwarding your troop roster from your troop management page.
- Visit your troop management screen periodically and check your troop's re-registration progress. Send reminder emails to families who have not yet registered. You can do that right from your troop management page!
- Girls and adults who have not renewed their membership for the 2014-2015 membership year will disappear from the roster on September 30 so plan accordingly. On October 1, 2014 the roster will only include registered members for the 2014-15 membership year.
- If you know of bridging girls' status, please forward requests for troop change to your SU registrar or directly to your membership coordinator (if you don't have a SU registrar). Don't know who your Membership Coordinator is? Click here.
- PLEASE NOTE: Adult members should remember to identify their troop(s) and/or service unit as well as position code(s) when re-registering.
- Submitting request for troop/SU changes now will ensure timely processing of requests and updated and accurate rosters in the Fall.
- If anyone needs to re-register by paper, collect forms and payment. Be sure to have 2 copies of the membership form made. If you have a service unit registrar hand in both copies. In the absence of a service unit registrar submit 1 copy to the nearest council service center and retain 1 copy for your records.
- If you have any difficulty registering online, please call 800-462-9100 between 9-5 pm or e-mail email@example.com.
- Click here to RE-REGISTER ONLINE.
- If you have any difficulty registering online, please call 800-462-9100 between 9am and 5pm, Monday-Friday or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your child is in a troop, forward the confirmation e-mail you receive to your child's troop leader.
- If financial assistance is needed, please complete a Paper Registration Form (adult form; girl form) and a Request for Financial Assistance (adult form; girl form - see Financial Assistance information above) and submit them to your child's troop leader by the leader's requested deadline. Girls who are not in a troop should submit forms to the nearest council service center.
For Service Units:
- Identify when you would like paper registrations given to service unit registrars and communicate that to your troop leaders and families
- Best practice: Give troop leaders a deadline of at least 1 week prior to the Early Bird deadline of July 14.
- Collect paper registrations and payment and bring it in to one of our council service centers as soon as possible. Remember to keep a copy for the service unit record.
- Submit any requests for troop transfers or position code changes by completing a Request for Troop Change form and emailing it to:
- Girls and adults who have not renewed their membership for the 2014-2015 membership year will disappear from the roster on September 30 so plan accordingly. On October 1, 2014, the roster will only include registered members for the 2014-15 membership year.
Call us at 800-462-9100
Email us at email@example.com