The following positions are currently open in our organization. To apply, forward a letter of interest with a resume or complete an application. All applications should be forwarded to:
Human Resources Department
Crossroads Business Park
301 Kelly Way
Holyoke, MA 01040
For salaried exempt positions, you must submit a cover letter with your resume for consideration. If you are subsequently scheduled for an interview, you will also be required to complete an employment application.
Full time salaried exempt position based in our Worcester Service Center
The successful candidate will:
- have at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- respect confidentiality of personal information, records, and reports
- be comfortable with technology and familiar with importing/exporting data across systems/databases
- have a solid understanding of payroll processing, general ledgers, reconciliations, internal controls, and financial reporting
- be an organized, detail oriented team player with strong initiative and problem solving skills
- be customer focused
The accounting manager serves as the internal controls manager for finance and works across all staff departments. She/he will navigate other systems (e.g. point of sale, membership, fund development) and work collaboratively to meet organizational needs. The position is based in Worcester, MA.
Fund Development Specialist
Full time salaried exempt position based in our Holyoke Service Center
The successful candidate will be:
- a great writer who is able to write and speak persuasively
- comfortable with today’s technology
- a “can do” person with 2+ years of successful planning and executing fundraising initiatives, including grant funding
- able to travel throughout central and western Massachusetts (position based in Holyoke)
This position is 75% grant writing, including United Way proposals throughout central and western Massachusetts. Additional responsibilities include donor (individual and corporate) identification, cultivation, and solicitation and working with a team on special campaigns and events.
Customer Care Specialist
Full time hourly non-exempt position based in our Holyoke Service Center
The successful candidate will:
- Have a high school diploma or GED and 3-5 years of customer service experience; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills. Bilingual (Spanish) skills an asset.
- Be able to provide telephone assistance to inexperienced users with online registration systems.
- Demonstrated experience in providing prompt and courteous customer service in person, via phone, in writing, and through electronic media.
- Be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
- Respect confidentiality of personal information, records, and reports.
- Be proficient with data entry and able to work with a variety of IT systems and databases, including Point of Sale in a small store.
The Customer Care Specialist is the first point of contact for inquiries and assistance via phone, email or in person. The incumbent is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service to all members, both external and internal. This position is based in Holyoke.
Girl Scouts of Central and Western Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer.