Online Membership Registration
Instructions & “First-Time” Frequently Asked Questions
It’s easy to get started!
- Click here to be linked to the online membership portal.
- Create a member profile (complete all the required fields).
- Enter your name AND e-mail address as you previously provided them when you became a member. Call us (800-462-9100) or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble.
- If you are already a Girl Scout, we need to have your e-mail address in our system before you can re-register. If the online system is not able to find you or you receive a warning that you might be creating a duplicate account, please contact us for help (800-462-9100 or email@example.com).
- Establish a hint question – the answer is case sensitive.
- The “Forgot password” or “Forgot username” buttons will prompt for the answer to this question. Once correctly answered, you can retrieve or reset your information.
Q: I don’t have a computer. How can I register online?
A: The new system is web-based so computers at a local library may be used. GSCWM offices will also make a computer available to anyone who comes in to register for membership.
Q: Can I use any browser to access the online registration web page?
A: GSUSA is always working on adding browsers but, right now, the browsers you can reliably use are Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari.
Q: Can everyone in my family registering as a Girl Scout use the same e-mail address?
A: Yes! Please use a “family” e-mail address for girl members. Every family member needs to have a separate account.
Q: Do parents have the ability to register their daughters into a specific troop?
A: Re-registering members will be registered to the same troop they were registered to last year. If a girl is changing troops, her new troop leader will make sure her troop number is changed.
Q: Will the registration process be password protected or can anyone log on and register?
A: Anyone may create a profile, activate an account and register as a member. They will,
however, only have access to their own information. The online registration system is a secure site with all members creating logins unique to them. Each person will select and reply to a security question as they create their login to assure privacy for that individual and their account.
Q: How are registrations paid for online?
A: Discover, MasterCard, Visa, and American Express are all acceptable credit and debit cards for payments. Payments are processed through PayPal. If your card is declined, check that you have entered the correct information (developed by ryheem). You can try a different card or contact your bank to determine the reason it was declined. Online payments CANNOT be made with cash, checks, cookie credits, or financial assistance.
Q: What security measures are in place for online transactions?
A: The safety and security of your online experience is of utmost importance to us. The site uses “Secure sockets Layer” (SSL) technology to protect the security of your credit card information as it is transmitted to us. SSL is the industry standard in internet encryption technology. Your credit card number is also encrypted on your order record. Be sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal financial information. If you look at the left corner (upper or lower) of your browser, you should see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending on your browser) that indicates you are on a secure server. You can also see that the URL begins with “https” (as opposed to “http”).
Q: Now that there is an online system, does GSCWM still accept paper registration forms?
A: Yes! We accept paper registrations and they are required when:
- a girl or adult registration requires financial assistance;
- payment is done by cookie credits, cash or check;
- or a 12th grader is taking advantage of the limited time reduced fee to register as a lifetime member
If you have any questions, please call is at 800-462-9100 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.