Autumn Escape VI
September 18-20, 2015
Camp Green Eyrie, Harvard
A Networking & Workshop Retreat for Adult Girl Scouts
Let’s discover our power, talents and leadership skills and spend some time relaxing at Camp Green Eyrie. Whether you would like to learn something new, make new friends or sit and read by the lake, there is something for everyone. Network Friday evening with other Adult Girls Scouts at a Wine and Cheese Party! We will have boating and swimming in the lake, Saturday evening campfire with Juliette Low, and many drop in activities all weekend. For Volunteers, there will be a whole host of opportunities to discover simple ways to connect your weekend experiences to girl-led activities that tie to Journeys, badges, Take Action projects and general troop fun. This year we are going back to basics so each Volunteer can discover and strengthen their power and skills not only at a troop level but also at the Service Unit and Council levels. We are offering all day Saturday Courses in First Aid & CPR, Archery and Team Challenge Course. Level training, outdoor skills and fun workshops are available.
When Will You Arrive?
||4:30 - 8:00 pm
||8:00 am - 9:30 am
||8:00 am - 9:30 am
*Be sure to arrive by 8:00 pm, to take part in the Wine and Cheese Party from 8-10 pm on Friday.
How Long Will You Stay? Where Will You Stay?
Come for the day, stay overnight, or hang out all weekend; the decision is totally up to you. If you stay overnight, you can even choose where to stay:
||Adventure, Cove, Frontier and Pine Hill
||Dillon Lodge and Dining Hall
For more information about lodging, visit the Autumn Escape Lodging page.
What Will You Do?
Workshops, trainings and activities are scheduled in four sessions over the course of the weekend. You can fill every session with a workshop or training, or you can decide to skip a few sessions and just sit by the lake and read that book you’ve been putting off. YOU DECIDE!
- Read through the activity and workshop descriptions, and select the workshops in which you want to
participate… or select “No Workshop/Free Time.”
- You do not need to select your “camp-wide activities” on your registration from.
- Please note that the Archery Instructor Training, First Aid & CPR, Team
Challenge Course - Low Ropes and Outdoor Skill cross over multiple sessions on Saturday. Be sure to take this into consideration when planning your weekend.
- Progressive courses cannot be taken in one weekend, because skills learned need to be practiced before moving on to the next level course. (i.e. beginner, intermediate, advanced levels, etc.)
- Please be sure that you’ve completed any prerequisite courses before the weekend.
What Will You Eat?
- If you are arriving Friday night, plan to either eat before arriving or bring a brown bag.
- Saturday and Sunday meals will be provided.
- Please note any food allergies or special meal needs (i.e. gluten free, etc.) on your registration form.