September 19-21, 2014
Camp Bonnie Brae, East Otis
A Networking & Workshop Retreat for Adult Girl Scouts
It’s time to celebrate 5 years of Autumn Escape as we relax and discover our talents and leadership skills at Camp Bonnie Brae. Whether you would like to learn something new, make new friends or sit and read by the lake, there is something for everyone. Join us for a Friday evening dessert potluck, boating and swimming in Big Pond, evening campfires, and our new Sunday brunch! For volunteers, there will be a whole host of opportunities to discover simple ways to connect your weekend experiences to girl-led activities that tie to Journeys, badges, Take Action projects and general troop fun! New this year - discover more about your own personal leadership goals and talents with our women’s leadership workshops. Other tracks include the outdoors, Girl Scout program ideas, strengthening service unit teams, and crafts that you can take back to your troop.
When Will You Arrive?
||4:00 - 8:30 pm
||8:00 am - 10:30 am
||8:00 am - 9:30 am
How Long Will You Stay? Where Will You Stay?
Come for the day, stay overnight, or hang out all weekend; the decision is totally up to you. If you stay overnight, you can even choose where to stay:
||Birnhamwood or Tyro
|| Tanglewood (tree houses) or Sherwood (small cabins)
||Big House, Boat House, Sue’s House
For more information about lodging, visit the Autumn Escape Lodging page.
What Will You Do?
Workshops, trainings and activities are scheduled in five sessions over the course of the weekend. You can fill every session with a workshop or training, or you can decide to skip a few sessions and just sit by the lake and read that book you’ve been putting off. YOU DECIDE!
- Read through the activity and workshop descriptions, and select the workshops in which you want to
participate… or select “No Workshop/Free Time.”
- You do not need to select your “camp-wide activities” on your registration from.
- Please note that the Archery Instructor Training,Outdoor Cooking II and Facilitating Adult Learning Workshop cross over multiple sessions on Saturday. Be sure to take this into consideration when planning your weekend.
- Progressive courses cannot be taken in one weekend, because skills learned need to be practiced before moving on to the next level course. (i.e. beginner, intermediate, advanced levels, etc.)
- Please be sure that you’ve completed any prerequisite courses before the weekend.
What Will You Eat?
- If you are arriving Friday night, plan to either eat before arriving or bring a brown bag. Bring a dessert for our camp-wide Friday Night Potluck Dessert Party.
- Saturday and Sunday meals will be provided.
- Please note any food allergies or special meal needs (i.e. gluten free, etc.) on your registration form.