The Girl Scout Silver Award
For Girl Scout Cadettes (grades 6-8)
It is suggested that girls spend 50 hours completing the steps towards their Girl Scout Silver Award, after completing their Girl Scout Cadette Journey.
To participate in the June 2014 ceremony your project must be completed in full, along with the final report handed in before April 1, 2014. Girls who submit their final reports after the April 1st deadline will be invited to the following years ceremony. The final deadline for completion of the Silver Award Project and submission of Final Report is September 30th of the year you enter 9th grade.
- Be a registered Girl Scout Cadette (grades 6-8) and
- Complete a Girl Scout Cadette Journey
Steps to Complete the Girl Scout Silver Award:
- Identify issues you care about
- Build your Girl Scout Silver Award Team or decide to go solo
- Explore your community
- Choose your Girl Scout Silver Award Take Action Project*
- Develop your project and submit the GSCWM Silver Award Intent Form to: email@example.com one month before you begin the project.
- Make a plan and put it into motion
- Reflect, share your story, and celebrate
- Submit the GSCWM Silver Award Report Form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Take Action Project: The Girl Scout Silver Award Take Action Project is an individual or group project which benefitis the local community (beyond Girl Scouting). The Silver Award should take a minimum of 50 hours after completing the Cadette Journey.
Training for Girls
Silver Award Orientation
Attending a Silver Award Orientation can be the most beneficial thing girls can do before beginning work on the Girl Scout Silver Award. Although optional, orientations provide valuable information about the process, the most up-to-date requirements, and suggestions about projects. A minimum of 10 girls is needed per event. Registration is open to groups and individuals with or without an adult. Click here for a list of upcoming Orientations. Cost is $5/person.
Silver Award Forms & Resources
If you have additional questions, contact email@example.com