Mark your calendars with the Gold and Silver Award Ceremony –
Central MA Ceremony
Thursday, June 22, 2017
Mechanics Hall, Worcester, MA
Western MA Ceremony
Thursday, June 29, 2017
Hadley Farms Meeting House, Hadley, MA
Formal invitations will be mailed out later in spring.
As your busy spring calendar starts to fill, don't forget June 22nd and 29th - we will be presenting Gold Award and Silver Awards Pins and each honoree will have the opportunity to share your project with others.
If you have any questions about the upcoming Gold and Silver Award Ceremony please do not hesitate to email email@example.com or call 508-749-3604.
Have you ever looked around your neighborhood or school and wondered how you could make a change for the better? Going for the Girl Scout Silver Award—the highest award a Girl Scout Cadette can earn—gives you the chance to do big things and make your community better in the process. Download the Silver Award guidelines to find out how.
You can pursue your Girl Scout Silver Award if:
You're in sixth, seventh, or eighth grade (or equivalent)
You're a registered Girl Scout Cadette
You have completed a Cadette Journey
Girl Scout Silver Award Steps
Identify an issue you care about
Build your Girl Scout Silver Award team or decide to go solo
Explore your community
Pick your Silver Award project
Develop your project
Make a plan and put it into motion
Reflect, share your story, and celebrate
Silver Award Orientation
Attending a Silver Award Orientation can be the most beneficial thing girls can do before beginning work on the Girl Scout Silver Award. Although optional, orientations provide valuable information about the process, the most up-to-date requirements, and suggestions about projects. A minimum of 10 girls is needed per event. Registration is open to groups and individuals with or without an adult. Click here for a list of upcoming Orientations. Cost is $5/person.
Silver Award Forms & Resources
- GS Silver Award Guidelines Packet (for girls)
- GS Silver Award Volunteer Guide (for adults)
- Silver Award Proposal Form
- Silver Award Final Report
- 2016 GSCWM Silver Award Recipients (82 amazing girls earned their Silver Award)
- Take Action versus Community Service Projects
- Highest Award Money Earning and Gift in Kind Form
- Take Action Project FAQ
- Highest Award What to do and not to do
- Take Action Project Idea
- Money Earning & Your Highest Award
If you have additional questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- United We Serve- resource to find project ideas and to recruit people to volunteer with your project
- Global Youth Action Network is a youth led organization working to improve the world in 190 countries
- Global Youth Service Day is the largest service event in the world, also great resource to find project ideas
- Prudential Spirit Awards Award to honor outstanding youth volunteerism. Great project idea listed
- Taking IT Global is a global issues social network, that will highlight different issues needing to be addressed
- What Kids Can Do
- World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts