Volunteer Recognition Awards
Showing appreciation for volunteers is a must. They put in extended time for the girls and often work extra hours on top of busy schedules and hectic lives. We love them for it and Girl Scouting wouldn’t be the same without them. Let’s be sure to shout it from the Girl Scout rooftops!
Every year we present awards to volunteers at our Annual Meeting & Volunteer Recognition celebration (usually held in the spring). Click here to learn about our 2017 Recognition Recipients.
When and How to Recognize
Everyday little things go a long way. A card from the girls, handmade gifts, photo keepsakes – these are special ways for girls to say thank you and often times mean the most. Recognitions might be made on Girl Scout holidays, at service unit meetings, at troop meetings, at a special recognition events, immediately following services rendered, etc. When the recipient is recognized, it will make the expression of gratitude memorable.
Nominate your special outstanding volunteer for one of these National Awards. Nomination and Endorsement deadline is January 31, 2018.
- Appreciation Pin for outstanding service to at least one community
- Honor Pin for outstanding service to two or more communities
- Thanks Badge for outstanding service that benefits the entire council or Girl Scout Movement.
- Thanks Badge II for outstanding service council-wide or beyond having already received the Thanks Badge.
- Volunteer of Excellence recognizes volunteers who have contributed outstanding service while partnering directly with girls in any pathway to implement the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE) through use of the National Program Portfolio; OR
who contributed outstanding service in support of the council’s mission delivery goals
- President’s Award recognizes a service unit team who surpasses team goals and results in significant, measurable impact toward reaching the council’s overall goals.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the nomination form and further information
- The Juliette Gordon Low World Friendship Medal awarded to volunteers and councils who have enriched and leveraged the global understanding of Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting to grow responsible global citizens.
Contact email@example.com for the nomination form and further information.
- Membership Anniversary Request recognizes years of membership in any Girl Scout council.
Or nominate your favorite outstanding volunteer for one of these GSCWM Council Awards. Nomination and Endorsement deadline is January 31, 2018.
- Community Certificate recognizes an organization or business that has developed a council-wide alliance that facilitates Girl Scouting on a significant level.
- Rising Star Award (formerly known as Volunteer Rookie Award) recognizes volunteers who have volunteered a minimum of 6 months to maximum of 14 months who have contributed outstanding service while partnering directly with girls in any pathway.
- Ever-Green Award for Volunteer who has previously been awarded the Appreciation Pin for giving exemplary service in support of the GSLE which has had continuous measurable impact on at least one geographic area of service.
Click here for detailed descriptions of all formal GSUSA and GSCWM volunteer recognitions currently awarded at the council or national level.
Any Girl Scout troop, service unit, council, or individual can nominate a volunteer for an award.
Girl Scout Leader Day
April 22 is official Girl Scout Leader day and honors all the volunteers who work as leaders and mentors in partnership with girls. Girls, their families, and communities should find a special way to thank their adult Girl Scout volunteers. Appreciation can be shown on this special day and all through the year.