At this workshop you will have the opportunity to learn how to put
the GSLE into practice in your troop, with a focus on girl-led,
learning by doing, and cooperative learning. We will delve into the
Journeys and the Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting, specifically looking
at the awards, petals, leaves and how to earn them. Other items
covered include: how to plan a troop calendar and budget, parts of a
meeting, kaper charts, and use of the Daisy Ring.
2 ½ hours face-to-face learning environment or 2 hour webinar.
View upcoming trainings
Adult Learning / Training
We can’t change the lives of girls without YOU!
Before a new leader starts changing the world, they need to:
- Complete the registration process
- GSUSA welcome video and complete the online knowledge check.
- Read, complete and submit the Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Acknowledgement Form
These in depth trainings provide extra support to help you make the Girl Scout troop experience safe and fun! We offer a face-to-face learning environment and some trainings are offered as easy and convenient online webinars you do from home.
Don't see an upcomping training scheduled in your area? To request a course, click here.
Inquiring minds want to know: What is the mission of Girl Scouts?
Who are we? What is the Girl Scout Leadership Experience? What is the
National Program Portfolio? Where do troops meet? How can I ensure
troop safety? What are my next steps? Where do I go for support?
1.5 hour webinar
Please contact Suzy Croteau at email@example.com to schedule this training.
12/11, 6 pm
1/14, noon & 6 pm
1/22, noon & 6 pm
2/7, 6 pm
Want to dive into Badges and Journeys, share best practices, or get a handle on how to make your troop girl-led? These trainings will show you how to make your leadership experience and troop meetings even better:
Jump Into Juniors
Teens & Tweens
Volunteer Toolkit Training
Girl Scout Ceremonies
Are you thinking your girls are ready to move beyond troop meetings? From field trips in your town to a sleep over at a museum to a camping weekend, the trainings below will help you determine when your troop is ready and help them plan a fun adventure.
To see what training and paperwork is required, see the Beyond Your Meeting Chart.
Field Trips Slideshow Training
Are you and your girls ready to go on your first ever troop sleepover adventure? Or maybe step it up and sleepover at a museum?
There’s nothing like the great outdoors! These REQUIRED outdoor education classes will get you and your girls ready and keep everyone safe.
Face to Face Trainings:
Cook Out/Camp Out
Girl Scouts love to get together on a large scale. Is your town or service unit ready to host an encampment/camperee, service unit bridging? How about a Daisy Tea?
Traveling to new places, meeting new people and experiencing new adventures is a time honored Girl Scout tradition.
Girl Scouts is all about team work and we love a challenge. This course offers volunteers the best of both worlds so they in turn can share this wonderful adventure with their girls.
Team Challenge Course (Low Ropes)
Archery Level 1 Certification
Community First Aid and CPR Certification
If you do not see a location, date and time that fits your schedule and know of other volunteers in your area that would also like to attend please contact Monica Baldyga firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for possibly adding a session in your area.
About Online Registration:
- Online registrations are paid with a credit card.
- You will need to set up an online profile . If you’ve already set-up a profile to attend another training or event you should be all set to use those log in credentials
- If you haven’t already. It’s as easy as following the instructions, just use the same email address, user name and password you used to register your membership online. Stuck? Please call 413-584-2602 for live assistance.
If you’d like to pay using a check or cash, please use the paper
registration form. REGISTER BY MAIL OR IN PERSON
Complete the adult training paper registration form and submit with cash, check or credit card. Make checks payable to “GSCWM".
81 Gold Star Boulevard
Worcester, MA 01606-2813
HOW IT WORKS:
- No refunds will be issued should you not attend, arrive late, or leave early.
- Refunds will be issued if you contact the council office at least 5 days before the training. There will be a $5.00 processing fee.
- If a training is cancelled by GSCWM, we can transfer your registration fee for a different session or a full refund will be issued.