The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource that supports troop
leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier
and more efficient.
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports
troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop
easier and more efficient. Check out some of the toolkit’s top
features below. Then watch the video playlist above for a detailed walk-through.
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year
- Email parents with one
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and
update their contact information.
- View Journeys and badges
to plan for troop meetings..
o There are
prepopulated year plans in the VTK for all level troop leaders.
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a
breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials
needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge
and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop
events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s
- Easily locate resources, such as Volunteer
Essentials and Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- “Get Outside”
option, which provides alternative outdoor options.
- Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador troops have access to features
including the troop roster, troop finances, national resources, and
all K-5 program content (if needed for working with younger
- Parents can now access the VTK to see what their girl’s troop
or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and
Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the
troop’s finances as a read only view.
Log in today! Click on My GS/VTK in the upper right-hand corner to